Have you been seeking a meaningful career? Are you interested in supporting our nation’s defense? Would you like to get the education you need from a reputable, ABET-accredited program and supplement your classroom learning with hands-on experience?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to join the proud ranks of over 80 participants who have successfully completed the JT4 Jump Start Program to become members of our team! JT4 has partnered with the College of Southern Nevada (CSN) to provide you with the training you need to begin your new career. With a specialized Associate of Applied Science Degree in Engineering Technology with Electronics—Defense Contractor Technician (ETDCT-AAS), you will be ready to start your career with JT4 as an Electronic Technician I.
About the program
The Jump Start Program allows JT4 to hire individuals, with no prior experience, as entry-level electronic technicians. After enrolling in the CSN ETDCT-AAS program and completing six initial classes, as outlined in “How to Get Your Jump Start” below, participants qualify for an interview with JT4. In addition to completing these six classes with a cumulative 3.0 GPA, participants must be able to obtain a security clearance in order to be considered for employment. Participation in the program does not guarantee employment, and once hired, you must complete the degree program for advancement to higher-level technician positions within the company.
If you are hired as an electronic technician, JT4 may:
- Offer a sign-on bonus to cover the out-of-pocket tuition costs for your initial six classes
- Reimburse you for tuition and books for the remainder of your classes completed with a B or better through JT4’s Employee Educational and Training Assistance Program (EETAP)
- Allow you to attend up to 15 hours of classes per week while you await your clearance (subject to manager approval)
About the degree
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Engineering Technology with Electronics – Defense Contractor Technician (ETDCT-AAS) is an ABET-accredited program available through the College of Southern Nevada (CSN).
This degree program includes the study of the following subjects:
- Analog and digital circuit design, implementation and testing
- Fabrication techniques
- Microprocessor programming and interfacing
- Computer and network fundamentals
The program includes specialized electives to tailor the skills needed to become an electronic technician. Along the way, you will gain practical skills and knowledge that could take you from CSN’s hands-on, state-of-the-art classroom straight into the field with an exciting career at JT4!
CSN determines all elements of the academic program, including the application processes, admission and enrollment criteria. You may be able to transfer courses from another institution or test out of courses. For more information about the ETDCT-AAS degree program, visit the CSN website or call 702.651.4508 to speak to a program expert in the Department of Applied Technologies Engineering Technology.
Core classes are taught at the CSN North Las Vegas campus. However, general courses and some electives may be taken at any CSN location. Because all courses are conducted in-person, the Jump Start Program is only available to residents in Southern Nevada.
Current JT4 employees serve as instructors for many of the classes in the core curriculum. They are passionate about preparing you for a potential role and JT4 and can provide you with valuable insights about what to expect in your future career as an electronic technician. JT4 employees also provide tutoring assistance for the initial core classes, upon request. We want to help you succeed!
How to get your jump start
- Confirm your eligibility for employment with JT4. Qualified applicants must:
- Be able to qualify for and maintain a DOD security clearance
- Pass a drug screen
- Possess a valid Nevada driver’s license
- Be willing to work in remote locations in Nevada
- Express interest in the Jump Start program. Contact the JT4 Jump Start Program Director at 702-382-9051 ext. 52525 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide your full name, phone number and email address.
- Apply for the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Engineering Technology with Electronics – Defense Contractor Technician program from the College of Southern Nevada. Visit CSN.edu to learn more about the program and apply for admission.
- Enroll in and complete the following six courses with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher:
- ET 111B: Advanced Mathematics for Electronics Applications
- ET 131B: DC for Electronics
- ET 132B: AC for Electronics
- ET 212B: Digital Logic I
- ET 220B: Solid State Devices and Circuits I
- ET 228B: Data Acquisition
- Contact the Jump Start Program Director at 702-382-9051 ext. 52525 or email@example.com for information on how to apply for the position of Electronic Technician I. Please ensure that you have your grades and a copy of your unofficial transcript. You will be provided with a requisition number to which you may apply online at jt4llc.com/careers. Please note that participation in the program does not guarantee employment with JT4.
- Complete the JT4 application process. If hired, you will need to complete the degree and program requirements.
Frequently asked questions
Will JT4’s EETAP program cover the cost of the initial six classes that I completed prior to becoming an employee?
How do I apply for the CSN Associate of Applied Science Degree in Engineering Technology with Electronics – Defense Contractor Technician (ETDCT-AAS) program?
Visit www.csn.edu and click on “Future Students” to enroll at CSN.
Contact the Jump Start Program Director at 702-382-9051 ext. 52525 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional instructions when you are ready to apply for an Electronic Technician I position at JT4.
Study hard and maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher for the initial six courses. At the end of every semester, email the Jump Start Program coordinators at email@example.com regarding your progress through the curriculum.
I took a couple of the ETDCT-AAS courses, and it is just not for me. Can I stop participating in the Jump Start Program at any time?
You are not obligated to complete the Jump Start Program if you decide it is not for you. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you no longer want to participate.