We offer a 14-week, paid summer internship that allows students to gain valuable career experience. Our interns participate in active projects and explore the career opportunities available in our many highly technical and specialized departments.
Many interns develop lasting relationships with their mentors and return for multiple summers. Some interns even continue to work part-time during the school year. Since program inception, over 40 interns have returned to JT4 after graduation to start their professional careers.
How to Apply
The application window has closed. Please visit us again next January.
Our interns gain important work experience in a variety of projects that typically involve the following:
- Electrical engineering tasking in a variety of applications, usually associated with radio frequency, radar and measurements
- Real-time programming (C, VxWorks, etc.)
- Mathematical algorithm development (MatLab, Python, R, etc.)
- Object-oriented programming (C++, C#, Java, etc.)
Examples of past projects include programming Raspberry Pi boards to replace video capture equipment, creating software to track systems using the NASA earth model and adapting infrastructure to convert serial protocols to faster Ethernet protocols.
Eligibility and selection criteria
Students must possess the following qualifications and credentials in order to be considered for a summer internship:
- Junior or senior class standing
- A declared major course of study in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or mathematics
- A valid state-issued driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to qualify for and maintain a security clearance
Preference will be given to candidates whose GPA, coursework and relevant experience indicate a high aptitude for technical and scientific work. Resumes should highlight the following:
- Strong computing skills, especially commercial of-the-shelf (COTS) engineering applications such as Matlab
- Completed coursework in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science and mathematics, and for electrical engineering positions, a preference for coursework in electromagnetics, antenna theory and/or communication protocols
- Technical experience or hobbies
Duration and duties
Interested students must apply online through the JT4 Careers page. Exact instructions for how to apply are posted to this site every January. The application package includes JT4’s Summer Intern Information Form, a resume and academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
JT4 will review all applications following the submission deadline. If selected for an interview, students will be contacted directly to discuss the next steps in the application process (inclusive of a background check).
Interviews may be conducted via phone, web or face‐to‐face at JT4 Corporate Offices in Las Vegas. If hired, interns will be required to pass a drug screen prior to the start of the internship.
|Application Opens||Last Week of January|
|Application Closes||First Week of March|
|Interviews Conducted||Second Week of April|
|Offer Letters Extended||Last Week of April|
|Candidate Response Deadline||First Week of May|
|Internship Begins||Second Week of May (Flexible)|
|Internship Ends||Second Week of August (Flexible)|
Frequently asked questions
The majority of our internship positions are located in Las Vegas and Beatty, Nevada. Please reach out to our recruiting team for specific opportunities and locations at 702-550-6233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you immediately pursue your graduate degree following the receipt of your undergraduate degree, you may still be eligible to participate in our internship program. However, you may want to consider a full-time position with us. View our current opportunities to determine if there is a current open position that aligns with your qualifications and career goals.
I have more questions and/or am having difficulty with my application. Whom should I contact for help?
Please reach out to our dedicated recruiting team at email@example.com or call 702-550-6233 during regular business hours.